If you had to describe yourself in one word - which would it be?

Copyright Picture: CC0 1.0
This was a question I saw today in a newsletter. Yes - I have those in my inbox as well. To be honest, quite a lot of them. But I like them. If used right, you can get great inspiration from them.
So I used this question - which was basically a lead-in to the real topics of the newsletter "Selling something to me" - to think about me, myself and I. Which word would it be?
Interesting how you don't want to use a "bad" word or poorly received word. What really is the first word that comes to your mind if you think about yourself? Do it! I dare you.
I was surprised the first word wasn't one of those bad words. A couple of month ago it definitely would have been. Now - instead of making me small - my word was "Caring".
It was the first one that popped to my mind. And after that I began thinking about how it was before. And why I would have chosen a word like "Fat", "Unemployed", "Manipulative", "Failure" or "Slob".

Copyright Picture: CC0 1.0
I was in a bad place and I have been there for quite a while. Speaking ill of yourself is quite easy - because the surroundings make it easy. You are confronted with images and texts that make you feel small and unworthy of so many things. It is much easier to accept those misconceptions than working on your confidence. Most people do it. And it is holding them back.
It was holding me back - and yes there are days where it is still holding me back. But I took the first steps - I started working on me and my self confidence.
When I underwent the surgery which helped me lose weight and gain back health, this was the way I had to go. All of the medical stuff isn't working properly when you don't have your mind in the reight set-up.
Copyright Picture: CC0 1.0
The day I started caring about me as much (or nearly as much) as I care about others and spend as much time on me and my problems as I did on others - I got to a positive self-image day by day and step by step. So "Caring" is really a key-word for me at the moment.
Perhaps a little insight into my person. I love caring for people, always have and probably always will be. When I walk down a street I notice the little things and I notice the people. As soon as I understood the concept of right and wrong or fair and unfair, I was trying to help those in need. At first to keep myself from working on my own drama, but now that I owned  up to this I care for people on a more honest and deep level and I am happy about it. I turned a flaw into a strength and into something that is helping me each day.
What is your word? Go on this journey - but make it a positive one.
Copyright Picture: CC0 1.0

Kommentare